Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tid Bits

...been having sever tooth pain so I finally went to see Dr. Crentist, the dentist. As I suspected, I have to have a root canal. Yikes! But here is the kicker...I can not get it taken care of until the referral from my insurance goes through which, on average, takes 3-4 weeks! Wanna know something else? My insurance ends the last day of June. Wanna bet the referral ends up taking longer just so they won't have to pay for it? (Praying hard that won't happen.) "In the mean time, Brittney, do your best to cope with the pain."

...flying out to see my family (Iowa) in July! Can't wait! It has been over a year since I have seen my parents. Pretty difficult to deal with since we are used to seeing each other every 4 months or so. We have some fun activities planned too...Adventureland (Disneyland/world has NOTHING on this amusement park!), day trip to Galena, IL, wedding dress shopping with my soon-to-be sister in-law, and lots of playdates with my cousins and their kids.

...the 100+ degree temps we have been experiencing are more bearable here than in TN. The lack of humidity is awesome! Still don't like the heat though, but it's nothing a day at the beach can't fix!

...Collin's first year of graduate school is almost over! Only 3 smallish (10-15 pages each) papers left to write! Hard to believe we have been here for 9 months already. Only 4 more years to go!?!

...How does a car know it has hit 100,000 miles? Let's just see the things that need to be fixed on it right now: radiator, power steering pump, passenger side window, and the A/C switch (luckily I can tap on the dashboard in just the right place and it will turn on). Also have to get the smog test done so we can switch our tags to CA (Which I don't want to do. I like my TN ones.) and we just bought new tires. Cars...necessary evil. Luckily we only have one.

1 comment:

Just some dentist... said...

Your dentist's name is Crentist?

Maybe that's why he became a dentist...