Friday, January 25, 2008

Where has the time gone?


My "big one" turns seven today. SEVEN!!! It's as if I blinked and *POOF* there is a big kid running around my house in his underwear! And what a kid he is. God has truly blessed me with an intelligent, silly, strong-willed, handsome, gifted, emotional, loving boy.

My boys' birthdays always bring to mind the events and emotions of their actual "birth" day and this one is no different. I went into pre-term labor with Magnus (and Thane as well) around 31 weeks and placed on bed rest. I was dilated to almost 3 and having contractions regularly. I was in and out of the hospital numerous times and placed on many different medications...oh the things I would do differently. January 25, 2001 (5 weeks later) was like any other day. Collin caught a ride to work since we only had one car and I needed it to go to my Dr.'s appointment. I grabbed McDonald's for lunch (Disclaimer: I know, I know. How could I feed that stuff to my unborn child. If only I had known then what I know now. Besides, it helped with the constipation! TMI!) So, I went in for my visit and I was almost at 7! Needless to say, I headed next door to be admitted. BUT, Collin wasn't there and he had no car! Being this was first time for me to experience anything like this, I was nervous and anxious and that took the form of comedy for me. Collin was able to hitch a ride with our good friend, Ted. Nurses were scrambling around, trying to get me prepared and in walks Collin. I still remember the look on his face and his hesitation since he, too, had no idea what to expect. Following close by was Ted. When I saw them both I said, "Oh, I am so glad you are both here because I don't know which one of you is the father!" The room was dead silent. The nurses all stopped working and the guys' faces dropped. I erupted with laughter! needless to say, I wasn't laughing soon after that, as it came time to push. After only an hour and 15 minutes, Baby Davey was finally with us (6:35 p.m.). The rush of emotion is indescribable and only mothers can relate. I am sure fathers experience something, too, in their own way.

So, here we are. Seven years later. Happy Birthday, Magnus!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Magnus!!!

Awww, Mom you made me tear up. My oldest baby is 7 too. Thank you for such a beautiful post! Have a great weekend.

Daisy said...

Happy Birthday, Magnus!!! I love birth stories.

Mama Peep said...

Great post and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAGNUS!!!!

Patricia

PS. I have tagged you for a book meme. Check my blog for details!

:-)

Lisa~ said...

Hapy Birthday Magnus! Wooho!

Brittney, they grow fast dont they... careful.. you blink and he graduates!

Happy day to Magnus...

Lisa

Anonymous said...

ROTFLOL! That was hilarious. Thanks for sharing and happy birthday, Magnus!