Monday, February 25, 2008

What's on your desk meme

The Tutor over at Apollos Academy tagged me with this meme she created. I am suppose to share the items on my desk. Well, I don't have a desk. I use Collin's. But here is what it looks like...


The books stacked on the right are all of Collin's books for research. He is in the middle of writing another paper to present at the International Congress on Medieval Studies in Kalamazoo, MI this May. This will be his third presentation of original research at a scholarly conference, and his second time presenting there. I am pretty proud of him as this isn't typically something undergraduates accomplish. Also, notice the web page the laptop is open to. Love those Well Trained Mind message boards! I have made several friends who are trying to do what I am trying to do...raise and educate our kids to the best of our ability. It is a great community and I am forever indebted to their wisdom.

This is my bill paying area. I keep stamps, the checkbook, and address labels in the bottom and file the bills and our budget sheet in the wires. Magnus had the great idea of placing a bird in the cage. I want more than anything to have real birds, but this will have to do for now.


And now for the people I am tagging...(be sure to click on the Apollos Academy link above to get the instructions!)

Amy at Allen Academy
Lisa at Koinonia Academy
Zelda at The Aquataine Academy
Dawne at One Room Classical School
Audrey at Opus Dei Academy

Looking forward to seeing what your desks look like! Be sure to leave me a comment so I can check them out!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Hey I saw the WTM board on your laptop! :)

Audrey said...

Ok, I did it... Come check me out! :)

my5wolfcubs said...

Audrey tagged me! :) Your desk looks like mine normally does, but I recently cleaned it.
I love the bird cage mail organizer -- that is fabulous!!!
Lee