Friday, March 7, 2008

Changing it up a bit

Our new gentle approach to homeschooling has been going well. The boys and I have really responded positively to it. Learning has always been the atmosphere of our home, but it's just feels different now. I truly think more learning is taking place. Well, with the exception of math. This seems to be the one subject that gets pushed to the side. Right now I have our book work scheduled as the last subject of our school day. It's not working. So, I have decided to revamp our schedule and try this out for the next few weeks.

Tuesday
1. History (both)
2. L.A. (Magnus; directed play for Thane)
3. Tea Time (Nature Reading)
4. L.A. (Thane; directed play for Magnus)
5. Math (Magnus)

Wednesday
1.
Math (Magnus)
2. History (Both)
3. Tea Time (Poetry Reading)
4. L.A. (Magnus: directed play for Thane)
5. L.A. (Thane; directed play for Magnus)

Thursday
1. L.A. (Thane; directed play for Magnus)
2. Math (Magnus)
3. Tea Time (Nature Reading)
4. History (Both)
5. L.A. (Magnus; directed play for Thane)

Friday-"Fine Arts Friday"
1. L.A. (Magnus; directed play for Thane)
2. L.A. (Thane; directed play for Magnus)
3. Tea Time (Picture Study)
4. Math (Magnus-review with Math games)
5. Fine Arts (Magnus-Artistic Pursuits book 1; not sure yet for Thane...maybe AP too)

Like I mentioned, we are going to try this out and see if it works. I am still tossing around the idea of learning a variety of subjects everyday, but only for about 20 minutes at a time. This is how Charlotte Mason scheduled her schools. I am not convinced it would be a good choice for us, but I might try it out for a few weeks if the schedule I just posted doesn't work out well.

3 comments:

Daisy said...

We love tea time!! What a great idea to read to them during that time. I'll have to try that.

Lori C., Texas said...

We are thinking of starting tea time. Thought this may be a good time to add in our composer study. I just haven't got around to it. We will have to try that next week.

Have a great weekend!
Lori

Lisa~ said...

I missed this one! Wow! Tea? Can I come? *Ü* I like it a lot... the schedule...

We have shaken things up this week... it has helped believe it or not...bible and math are at the same time every day, but the rest is mixed....


Lisa