Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Small Tour

The internet has been our constant companion as we have been planning this move. Google, Craigslist, ebay, are just a few sites we view each and every day. Searching through google, I was able to locate a floor plan of our little, tiny, baby pretend house, that had the dimensions down to the inches. Collin, in his brilliant sort of way, decided to make it into a grid, measure all of our furniture (well, the stuff we are taking...everything else is being sold or given away), scale it to size, and arrange it. You know what?!? It looks as if it will fit! Unbelievable! Here is what it will look like...hopefully...

By the looks of the above map, we have placed the dresser in front of the sliding glass door on the left side of the living room. Our apt. has the sliding door on the wall where the orange chair and armoire are located. Yep, we will have to cover a bit of it.

We also scored by finding some pictures of the inside that someone had posted. Gotta love google images! So, keep in mind this is not our stuff. I'll post some of those once we get settled.


I am actually a bit excited about the kitchen. It looks like there is a lot of storage and definitely laid out better than our current one. There is space on the other side of the refrigerator to place a washing machine...but no dryer. I thought that was a little strange. I like having a window over the sink as well. Maybe I'll place some bird feeders there so I can watch my lil' feathered friends.


The living room will be our homeschool area as well as our dining and seating area. The walls will be lined with our huge bookcases and my long green dresser that holds all of our crafting supplies.



There is a little alcove in the bedroom I think is going to be the Master. That area will be converted into a small (who am I kidding? Everything in the place is small!) work area for Collin. A narrow table with shelves extending up to the ceiling. He will have is own office in the English building, but it is across campus and frankly, I like having him around.

The boys will have about the same amount of room as they do now. As long as they continue keeping it picked up, they'll do fine.

Thanks for coming on this little tour with me. Remember...practical but pretty!

3 comments:

my5wolfcubs said...

I love looking at floor plans! Of course, there wasn't a lot to look at with yours, but still! I think you've got a great plan for the space and a great future.

my5wolfcubs said...

Hmm, not sure what that comment I made actually says! I typed it, scrolled down to submit and then walked away to wipe cream cheese off my 3yo's foot.
I came back, clicked submit, and then my 5yo says "Sorry, Mommy" and tells me I should always check before I click submit!!!
Lee

Laura said...

How exciting! Sounds like you enjoy the planning stage as much as I do. Just think how satisfying it will feel once you are moved in.

Blessings to you all.