Thursday, November 8, 2007

Question of the Day...

Thane was running a fever of 101.7 yesterday (and still is this morning). For those of you who don't know, our anxiety level goes up when he gets sick. We've made several visits to the ER and have had to spend many nights in the hospital with him. To make a long story short, he was 5 weeks premature (yet still weighed 8 pounds!) and has asthma.

So, Magnus comes to me with a very thoughtful look on his face. I knew I was in for it. "Mom, in the Bible, Jesus heals people in an instant just by touching them. Why does it take Him so long to do it now?"

Wow! I didn't know how to answer this one in a way a 6 year old would understand. The more I think about it, I need that question answered for myself. I basically told him that we "don't know the mind of God and can't begin to grasp His ideas. He does things for a reason and we may never find out why." Then I added my #2 answer, "Ask God when you get there."

No comments: