Saturday, December 15, 2007

Weekly Report

We were in "Survival Mode" this week. Collin was finishing up the semester with finals so he was pretty much out of the picture. It gets a little easier every semester, though, because we are learning what each other needs during this time and how to better communicate that.

Since we are going to "hit the books" and get down to business after Christmas, we took things easy this week and plan to next week as well. There is so much going on during this time, I don't want to be stressed out and I don't want my boys to be stressed out. Here is what our week looked like...

Monday...We went to the library for Homeschool Story Time. I was able to get some knitting done while we were there. Magnus also worked on his spellin
g.

Tuesday...It was a gorgeous 76 degrees here, so we did some school work in the morning (spelling, grammar, and math) and then headed to a local park and went hiking with some friends. (no, Thane is not stepping on his friend's neck in the picture!) We spent A LOT of time throwing rocks into the river. Then we went to the park and let the kids play on the big toys before heading to Biology Club. There they learned about "foraging animals".


Wednesday...I know we did some school work, but I can't remember anything else. It is all a blur.

Thursday...
I know we did some school work, but I can't remember anything else. It is all a blur. Oh no! There's a glitch in the Matrix!
Oh, we had Book Club. We read another Jan Brett story and started a lapbook that we are going to add to. Collin had his last final and celebrated with our friend, Wes, who is home from grad. school. Then we all met for dinner with the addition of our friend, Laura Beth, who is Wes' sister.

Friday...Didn't do much of anything and I feel good about it.

Next week I hope to plan more for next semester as far as Thane's schooling goes. We will also do the basics (math and language arts). I'm thinking about doing a nativity lapbook with them as well. Guess we'll see what we are able to accomplish!

2 comments:

Lisa~ said...

76 degrees! What!? It has not been above 45 for months here. :(

A little warmth and sunshine sound so good right now. *Ü*

Wow 5 and 1/2 years to go.... go team! I’m impressed. ( this is in response to the last post)

Good week by the way! Again.... doing great...

Till next time, Lisa *Ü*

Skeller said...

rocks, a river, and boys - sounds like a perfect afternoon to me :-)