Friday, December 21, 2007

Weekly Report

It's the week before Christmas, Collin is finally finished with the semester, so we had an easy week this week. Here's what we did...

As far as school work goes, we did a little bit of this and a little bit of that. We also worked on and completed our first lapbook! We did one on the Nativity. It was pretty easy, but perfect for the boys. Here is how it turned out...



Monday...We met our friends at story time. Recently I have thought about not going this coming semester because it is a half hour away and is right in the middle of Monday morning. Not very convenient. But, I think we will continue. It gives the boys a chance to see friends, hear someone else read besides Mom & Dad, practice the art of showing respect to authority and peers, and to get some wiggles out with all of the crazy songs they sing and dance to. Besides, I am able to get that week's books and materials while we are there and *I* get to see *my* friends! :o) That night we went to an "Evening of the Arts" at the Homeschool Tutorial that Collin teaches at. We were entertained by the girl's choir, the theater class, and the Creative Rhythms classes. Afterwards, we browsed the "art gallery" and had desert. It was a nice evening.

Tuesday...I took the boys to be evaluated to see which level of swimming lessons to register them for. Wouldn't you know it? I have to take them to two different places at two different times on two different days! Oh, and I have to take the class with Thane! I am trying to not have to run around so much and be involved in too many things and this isn't helping at all. I'll just have to live with it though because I think it is VERY important for them to know how to swim especially since we are hoping to take them on a canoe/camping trip this summer. Then we headed to Biology Club where they learned about Bird and Butterfly Migration.

Wednesday...Collin and I went to kick boxing class.

Thursday...We went to book club. We read another great Jan Brett book and learned about "circular stories". The kids all wanted to take turns reading this week. It's great to see them all wanting to participate.

Friday...We all (including Collin) headed up to Nashville. Collin needed to pick up some transcripts to send to grad. school, but their offices had just closed 20 minutes before we got there. Ugh! So, we are headed back up there on Wednesday. Yep, the offices are open the day after Christmas. Pretty crazy! We had a nice lunch though and I got a lot of knitting done.
Speaking of knitting, Magnus started knitting his first scarf. He is going to be a "jack of all trades" just like his Daddy. A man who reads, thinks, boxes, sword fights, rebuilds transmissions, draws, and knits. I like men like that! And ones who aren't too proud to admit it either!

Well, not quite sure how much "school" is going to get done and frankly, I don't really care. I hope to do a unit in history on Friday, but we'll just have to wait and see. I have a lot of planning to do for the coming semester still. Until next week...pick up some trash if you see it laying on the ground! (more on that at another time...)


3 comments:

Lori C., Texas said...

We sound a lot a like. I am an Anglican mom, my youngest is a boy that is 4 and my husband is a major jack of all trades!:)

Brittney said...

Hey Lori...
you forgot to add that you have a Col(l)in in your family too! :o)

Lori C., Texas said...

I also just realized your older son is 6! Mine oldest boy is 6!:)